Today is the second day that classes for elementary and secondary schools were suspended across Metro Manila. Students and teachers cheered this announcement from DepEd that includes me. These two days in a row of no classes made me relax as I only sleep, bum around the house and surf the net all day of course. I still want to go to school though to get some papers to work on. It is also a problem on my part to have piled up work once the classes resume.

Storm 'Feria' was downgraded to a Tropical Depression by Pagasa today because it has weakened as it passed the mountainous regions of Batangas and Mindoro. But Pagasa forecasted that it will cause more rains and thunderstorms in the areas of Batangas, Cavite, Mindoro and Metro Manila. So the DepEd, NDCC decided to suspend classes across the Metro in order to avoid having students being stranded. This is good I think because rains and difficulty in transportation could cause illness which could later on be suspected as AH1N1 symptoms. I just hope that Pagasa has correct forecast this time around.

0 comments